Saturday, February 1, 2014

Profession or Possession

John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him; and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life; and the life was the light of men. The Greek meaning for Word is Logos (derived from Legos-to speak with words) but Logos means a word uttered by a living voice which embodies an underling concept or idea. When someone has spoken the entirety of their thoughts concerning something, they have given to their listener the total concept of that thing. Thus Logos means the word or outward form by which the inward thought is expressed and made known. Let me give you an example, I may have a wonderful idea in my mind, have several different thoughts about it and it be impressed upon my heart, but unless there was some way, some means by which I could relate them to others, they would not know them. This is where words derive their value. Words are instruments for conveying thoughts to others. Jesus Christ is the Word, the conveyor to men not only of the thoughts of God and the wisdom of God, but the conveyor of who God is. John 1:18 No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared Him. Jesus who is the Word was made flesh. John 1:14 The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. Jesus' Word was the will of the Father. John 8:29-30 Then Jesus said to them; when you lift up the Son of man than you will know I am He, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father taught me, I speak these things. And He who sent me is with me. The Father has not left me alone, for I always do the things that please him. As He spoke these words, many believed in Him. They believed because Jesus' Words are Life. Written or Spoken, they lead to eternal life with Christ. The next couple verses are packed full of power and promise for a believer, it goes on to say in verses 31 and 32, And Jesus said to those Jews who believed him, If you abide in My Word, you are my disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. Jesus said if we abide in His Word, His Word has the power to set us free. The Greek word for Abide is Meno meaning to remain, to stay or form a relation. In John 15:4-7 Jesus says, Abide in me and I in you as the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, And I in him, bears much fruit: for without Me you can do nothing. Jesus is saying: We must remain in Him continually. And to remain in Him is to Abide in His Word daily. For without Him we are like the branch that is separated from the vine. There is no sustaining life being fed to it. We are dead. But when we are " In Christ" we are forming an intimate relationship with Christ and our Father. When we are Abiding in Christ daily, His Spirit is dwelling inside us, and as such we are in bodied with His ever lasting super abounding life. Jesus is our mediator to the Father. His Word translated to God from man. The Word is our Advocate to the Father. And if you are not in Him ( In Christ), In His Word daily, we fool ourselves into thinking we have any knowledge of who our Lord and Savior really is. You see Jesus conveys the thoughts and intents of the hearts of men. But if you are not Abiding in His Word , Then Christ has no words to convey to the father on your behalf. To know Christ, is to be intimate and personal with His Word. searching His scriptures and meditating on His commands, which are life giving. When we are doing this daily, Jesus assures us that while we are in Him, He is in us and we are in the Father. Therefore as we are in Christ and in His Spirit, Jesus says in John 11:25 I am the resurrection and the life; he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet he shall live. And whosever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believeth thou this? So I ask you today, Do you profess Christ or do you possess Christ? Do you believe on Christ or do you believe in Christ? In the words of our Lord Jesus Himself: BELIEVETH THOU THIS?

No comments:

Post a Comment