Saturday, February 2, 2013

We Are Chosen!

God blessed me to be the mother of one son, Today he is 24 with children of his own. God chose me as his mother for a purpose.We are to raise our children up to know and love the Lord. Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.
                                                                 Jordon is his name, and he has not always walked with the Lord. He walked away from God, and thought he could live a life pleasing to himself. And believe me, he tryed. He got into the world and the world had nothing to offer him. Oh, at the time he thought he was happy, this flesh we have is very deceiving. But at times he would call crying,wondering what was missing in his life and why he felt as if he had a hole in his heart. I would like all the other times tell him it was Jesus he was missing, but he'd brush me off.
                                                                            What my son didn't know at those times, was that he had a praying mother. I knew God had chosen me for a reason, God has a purpose in everything he does. So the more trouble he got into, the more praying I did. For several years I saw no results from my prayer life. But I always stood firm on God's word 1 John 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask ,we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.
                                                                        I have prayed and believed that one day God would bring my son back to the family of Christ. It has not always been easy,but God says his word does not come back void. Hebrews 11:1 Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. I have not had to see, to know, that God was doing a work in my son's heart. Only because I did not stop praying for him. We as mothers are not only chosen to raise our children until they reach 18, we are responsible for the Christians they become.
                                                                              Sometimes what we think is the worst possible thing that can happen to our children,God turns into the best thing. He can turn a trail into a triumph. We tend to learn the most when we're in the fire.That is when God is able to mold us into what he wants us to be.
                                                                              It has been several years since I started praying for my son and I can say with confidence, that my Father in heaven heard every one of them. My son is now walking with the Lord. It has not been an easy journey for him, he has made alot of mistakes. But he, thru the forgiveness of Christ will be a stronger witness to others for it.  He is now reading God's word and sending me bible studies to do. God is moving mightily in his life. His heart no longer has holes, Jesus has filled them. Praise God!
                                                                               God is faithful!! He hears our prayers .Are you praying for your child today? Because God hears and he answers. I was chosen to be a mother, And so where you. Be the prayer warrior your child needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment